The 2014 winners were revealed at a glamourous ceremony held, for the first time, at The Foreign Office followed by a reception for the nominees at Number 11 Downing Street, in association with bookshop campaign, Books Are My Bag. TV’s Susanna Reid hosted the ceremony and Media partner Magic FM will broadcast interviews with winners and shortlisted authors.
The 2014 Winners are:
- Outstanding Achievement – Mary Berry CBE
- Crime/Thriller Book of the Year – I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes (Transworld)
- Magic FM Autobiography/Biography of the Year – Please, Mister Postman by Alan Johnson (Transworld)
- Food & Drink Book of the Year – Plenty More by Yotam Ottolenghi (Ebury Publishing)
- Children’s Book of the Year – Awful Auntie by David Walliams (HarperCollins)
- Audible.co.uk Audiobook of the Year – Awful Auntie by David Walliams (HarperCollins)
- International Author of the Year -We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler (Profile Books)
- Books Are My Bag New Writer of the Year – The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton (Pan Macmillan)
- Specsavers Popular Fiction Book of the Year – The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer (HarperCollins)
- Non-fiction Book of the Year – Love, Nina by Nina Stibbe (Penguin Books)
- UK Author of the Year- Us by David Nicholls (Hodder & Stoughton)
Voting is now open to find the overall Specsavers Book of the Year from the category winners.
Click here to vote – £250 of National Book Tokens to be won!
November 26, 2014
THE MUCH LOVED NATIONAL TREASURE IS PRESENTED WITH THE OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT HONOUR BY CHEF AND LONG TIME FRIEND KEN HOM OBE Actor and author David Walliams scoops children’s book prize for third year running Bestselling author and TV Cook Mary Berry …
November 5, 2014
Some of the UK’s best-loved personalities including Mary Berry, John Cleese, Stephen Fry and Caitlin Moran have joined the list of commercially and critically acclaimed authors nominated for this year’s Specsavers National Book Awards in association wi …
December 26, 2013
Fantasy reigns supreme as The Ocean at the End of the Lane gets the public’s vote Neil Gaiman became the author of Britain’s favourite book today, as his contemporary fantasy The Ocean at the End of the Lane was named Specsavers Book of the Year for 20 …
December 11, 2013
Award winners now battle it out for overall Book of the Year Award. London, Wednesday 11 December—Winners of the Specsavers National Book Awards 2013, a celebration of Britain’s best books, were revealed earlier this evening at a dazzling awards ceremo …
November 18, 2013
Awards Shortlist Announced Today The nation’s most commercially and critically successful authors are to be honoured at the star-studded Specsavers National Book Awards, which celebrate the best books of 2013. Announced today, the shortlist reveals whi …
E.L. James is the public’s favourite as Fifty Shades of Grey wins the Specsavers Book of the Year vote
December 26, 2012
The popular fiction title written by E L James has been named the Specsavers National Book of the Year for 2012. She was the overall winner of the public vote which comprised winners of all ten categories from the Specsavers National Book Awards. Fifty …
E.L. James, Hilary Mantel, Clare Balding and Miranda Hart make it a great night for women at The Specsavers National Book Awards.
December 4, 2012
London, Tuesday 4th December—The winners of the Specsavers National Book Awards 2012, a celebration of the best of British publishing, were tonight revealed at a star-studded awards ceremony at London’s prestigious Mandarin Oriental. The public will no …
November 13, 2012
The Nation’s favourite writers go head-to-head today 13/11/12 as the Specsavers National Book Awards shortlist, recognising the most popular books of the year, is announced. In a year that has seen books dominating headlines thanks to blockbuster title …
September 15, 2012
HIGH street retailer Specsavers will replace Galaxy as the new headline sponsor of the National Book Awards.
June 28, 2012
For the second year, the Awards event will be a star-studded party hosted at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, London. This year’s ceremony will be held on the evening of 4th December 2012.